Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Funfetti Cheesecake Bars




I know I said this once, but I am a funfetti freak. Give me a dessert made using Funfetti cake mix and I will devour it immediately (like those cake batter bars). I can't help myself. And I refuse to stop.

So this weekend, my middle sister, Megan, and her best friend, Jordan, came into town for the Brothers of the Sun (Kenny Chesney and Tim McGraw) concert. My oldest sister, Kelley, and I went as well.

Allow me to be the first to inform you that the concert was seriously da bomb. Tim and Kenny are both lively performers who sounded (and looked) amazing. If the tour is coming anywhere near you, please go. Just do it. Trust me when I say that seeing Tim McGraw in his tight white pants will not disappoint. I don't make this stuff up people.

Exhibit A: Lord Have Mercy.
Anywhoooooo, in order to properly celebrate this reunion of sorts, I quickly threw together these Funfetti Cheesecake Bars, knowing full well we had Funfetti mix on hand.

While not your typical cheesecake, these bars are still divine. Using both Funfetti cake mix and Funfetti frosting makes this dessert rich and creamy but, have no fear, the cheesecake flavor doesn't overpower the Funfetti taste, it merely complements it. And y'all, let me tell you, the crust on bottom is so delicious I want to bake a pan of the it all by itself and just dig in. I will let you know if (when) I do this.

These Funfetti Cheesecake Bars are colorful, delicious, and dangerous. Prepare to want to consume the entire 13 x 9 pan.

Funfetti Cheesecake Bars
Recipe from Sweet Treats More

  • 1 box Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix (or 1 box Betty Crocker Rainbow Chip Cake Mix)
  • 1 container Pillsbury Funfetti Frosting (or 1 container Betty Crocker Rainbow Chip Frosting)
  • 2 (8 oz.) sticks of cream cheese, softened
  • 1 stick butter, softened
  • 3 eggs
Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Beat the cake mix and butter together until it forms a crumbly dough and press into a greased 13x9 inch pan.
  3. In another bowl, beat cream cheese, frosting, and eggs together until creamy. Pour cream cheese mixture over the cake batter crust.
  4. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until the edges start to pull away from the pan.
  5. Cut into squares and serve (with a dollop of whipped cream on top if you so desire!)
The decadent crust.
The yummy cheesecake.
The finished product.


3 comments:

  1. This looks INCREDIBLE! Funfetti is my favorite thing in the entire world!
    Katherine, you need to open up your own bakery..seriously! :)



    -Chelsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your food blog :-). I have one too!! Just havent posted on it since i graduated. We seem to be alike... Gonna try these this holiday! Love you!

    ReplyDelete